Dynamic Sports Training Presents a
�Build Your Training Plan� Workshop
POSTPONED. Please call for more information.
Attend my workshop and learn how to coach yourself!
- Create a complete training plan
- Learn how to implement that plan to reach their goals.
- Includes a solid and proven periodization schedule
- On-the-bike drills that will lead to success
For: Perfect for Beginning and Intermediate Cyclists & Triathletes
When: Saturday December 13, 2008 from 9am to 4pm
Where: 40 Lake Bellevue, Ste. 100 – Karman Executive Center conference room
Register: email [email protected] or call 425 417-6522
Cost: Pre-pay: $225 by 12/10/08, Day of: $265. Cash, check or Visa/MC via PayPal
*Attendees receive six months of coaching support for free and a free ultrafire 1000 lumen flashlight!*
�This year marks my 9th year of coaching competitive and recreational cyclists. To kick it off I will present a comprehensive training clinic for beginning to intermediate cyclists.
In this workshop I will take participants through the process of creating an entire training plan for their 2008-09 season from scratch and tying it together to make sure everyone hits their goals. This is like receiving a complete six month coaching package for the price of only one month!�
Part 1: Create a complete training program from scratch
- Learn how to perform your own fitness tests and determine your training zone
- Create an annual plan on the spot; one that will lead you to your goals
- Break the annual plan into a weekly schedule to get race read
- Learn workouts that match the annual plan & how to adjust for races
Part 2: Learn about training with Power
- How to use a power meter to train more effectively
- Train with wattage based protocols with or without a power meter
- Learn key power based workouts that support your annual plan and goals
Part 3: Build Mental Skills for more success
Not using mental skills to maximize your training potential? You are missing out!
- Build mental toughness
- Improve self-confidence
- How to think like a winner
- Imagery tools for maximizing performance
- Implement effective goal setting strategies
*Includes initial assessment, monthly emails with exercises and follow up assessment.
Other areas covered in the clinic as time allows
- Nutrition basics that most endurance athlete�s miss
- Gym training for the cyclist: Lift or not to lift?
- Questions and answers
Format will be lecture & presentation mixed with exercises and worksheets that will allow participates to create their training program from scratch.
Participants will receive electronic copies of schedules, worksheets, drills, testing and training protocols and more! Everything you need to set up your annual training plan and have a successful season is included. After this clinic, it�ll all be over except for the riding!
Marlon Familton runs Dynamic Sports Training in Redmond Washington and is formerly a USA Cycling Expert Level 2 coach, NSCA – Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and CHEK Certified Golf Biomechanic. Marlon worked for one of the premier national coaching companies in the US who specialize in power based training before heading to graduate school to achieve a Master of Arts in Behavioral Science. Now working in Private Practice in Bellevue (www.loveckasezona2.info), Marlon is coaching a limited number of cyclists for the 2008-09 season.
*Six months of free support includes 15 minutes of coach time per month via phone or email.
- Mental skills training based on work by Jack J. Lesyk, Ph.D. Ohio Center for Sport Psychology